About the Center
The VCA is dedicated to the advancement and integration of the arts within the Saint Vincent College community. The Center devotes 5,000+ square feet to hosting rotating exhibitions that present work by contemporary artists as well as selections from Saint Vincent’s impressive holdings. The Center cares for over 4,000 objects ranging from ancient to contemporary in a variety of media that form the permanent art collections of Saint Vincent College and Saint Vincent Archabbey.
The VCA serves as an educative and inspirational hub for students, faculty, researchers, and the surrounding community. Exhibiting work by contemporary artists and objects from the Saint Vincent permanent collections, the Center provides opportunities for its constituents to engage with diverse perspectives, cultures, and ideas. In keeping with Saint Vincent College’s liberal arts mission, special focus is given to exhibitions and programming that draw from interdisciplinary sources.
The Center aims to:
- Enliven academic exploration with exhibitions and programming drawn from a variety of disciplines
- Facilitate a space of inquiry
- Provide direct contact with artists and their work
- Foster respect for historic and contemporary practice in the arts
- Feature works at the nexus of art and spirituality